Since we gave up Netflix a few months ago, we have been mainly just watching our favorite shows on DVR later at night after Hadley is asleep. This means a lot more recording and a lot more skipping commercials. I have been wanting to find a way to skip in 30 second increments that I have heard others doing. Well, here it is, all lined out for you. Enjoy missing those commercials.
Add 30-Second Skip
Use the technique below to map an unused or unneeded button on the "silver" remote to the 30-second skip command.
I chose the 'A / Lock' button since many users don't need that function.
- Press the "Cable" button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
- Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
- Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice.
- Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button.
- Type in the code 00173.
- Press whatever button you want to map the 30-second skip command to (ex: A / Lock). The
"Cable" button will blink twice if successful.